from inspirationalstories.com – article by Roger Darlington
Next Autumn, when you see geese heading south for the winter, flying in a “V” formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way. As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in a “V” formation, the whole flock adds at least 71 percent greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own.
- People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going more quickly and easily, because they are travelling on the thrust of one another.
When a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird in front.
- If we have the sense of a goose, we will stay in formation with those people who are heading the same way we are.
When the head goose gets tired, it rotates back in the wing and another goose flies point.
- It is sensible to take turns doing demanding jobs, whether with people or with geese flying south.
Geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.
- What message do we give when we honk from behind?
Finally – and this is important – when a goose gets sick or is wounded by gunshot, and falls out of the formation, two other geese fall out with that goose and follow it down to lend help and protection. They stay with the fallen goose until it is able to fly or until it dies; and only then do they launch out on their own, or with another formation to catch up with their own group.
- If we have the sense of a goose, we will stand by each other like that.
Blessings from all of us at
Coleman Real Estate Group
Your Dream Home Could Be Just A Click Away!
Please take a moment to vote for us Best Real Estate Agent in Toast of Music City.
Register at www.ToastofMusicCity.com and then click the links below to vote for us daily from June 16th – July 14th.
Best Real Estate Agent
Best Real Estate Company
Coldwell Banker Barnes
Best Auction Company
Coldwell Banker Barnes Auction Division