- Most barbecue manufacturers recommend that your BBQ be cleaned thoroughly at least once a year. This is on top of your usual cleaning after every use.
- Remove the grates and wash with hot soapy water.
- Wipe down the connections, lines and lid (inside and out) with hot soapy water.
- Remove old or dirty lava rocks and replace with new ones.
- Check the burner. If it looks good visually, light the BBQ and make sure it is supplying an even flame. If not, then replace it. Most burners only last about 2 seasons, depending on how often you use your BBQ.
- While the grates and lava rocks are out, clean up any grease or ash that may have accumulated on the bottom of the barbecue.
- Clean the Venturi tubes that supply gas to the burner. Bugs, dirt and grease can clog them over the winter and prevent full gas supply from coming through. Check your owner’s manual for the recommended cleaning technique for your grill.
- Check your cleaning brush, BBQ mitts and utensils. If any are worn or dirty, replace with new tools.
- Grill steaks over medium heat about 5 inches from the heat source.
- Turn once during cooking using tongs or a spatula; do not use a fork, it could pierce the meat and allow juices to run out.
- Cooking can take anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on thickness and desired doneness.
- Slow grilling over indirect heat in which the ribs are not placed directly over the heat source but to the side of it, with the lid closed, is preferred.
- Turn the ribs frequently using tongs.
- Grill 1 to 2 hours, depending on rib type and grill.
- Cook fillets until they flake easily with a fork and are opaque throughout, about 5 minutes per side per inch thickness. An internal temperature of 155° F is desired.
- Grill baskets are great for delicate or small foods such as shrimp.
- Shrimp cook in about 4 minutes; baste with butter or oil to keep moist.
- Grill chicken over direct medium heat.
- An internal temperature for breast meat of 170° F and 180° F for legs and thighs is preferred.
- Estimate about 7 minutes per side for boneless breasts, bone-in legs about 20 minutes per side.
Tips from kraftreciepies.com
Blessings from all of us at
Coleman Real Estate Group
Your Dream Home Could Be Just A Click Away!