Mold is common both inside and outside. Mold and mildew can be brought into your home on clothes or by open windows, doorways and even your heating and air systems. Mold and Mildew prefers moist environments like a leaky crawl space or basement.
Some of the steps you can take to help control mold and mildew are:
- Keep the humidity level low in your home especially in your crawl space or basement. Consider using a basement or crawl space dehumidifier.
- Repair leaks and cracks in the foundation of your property and around windows and doors entering your crawl space or basement.
- Make sure you completely dry anything that gets wet no matter how small. Mold and mildew can begin to grow in as little as 24 hours.
- Make sure that the landscaping around your home is draining away from the crawl space or basement.
- Be aware of any musty or damp odors as that is normally your first sign of mold and mildew problems.
- You may also look for discoloration in the flooring, walls and ceilings of your basement or crawl space.
If you do see any mold or mildew then you should contact a professional mold clean-up and remediation company to do a mold inspection and testing of the area in question. The visible mold and mildew may only be part of your problem. If you are dealing with toxic mold such as black mold then you and your family’s health may be at risk. You should seek to have the mold and mildew cleaned up and removed and also solve the problem that brought the mold and mildew problem into your home in the first place.
Ameri Care Services offers the following mold and mildew services for middle Tennessee including Nashville, Murfreesboro, Chattanooga, Knoxville, Clarksville, Cookeville, Mt. Juliet, Franklin, Jackson and Bowling Green Kentucky: Mold Testing, Mold Inspections,Mold Remediation, Mold and Mildew Removal and Mold Clean Up.
Blessings from all of us at
Coleman Real Estate Group
Your Dream Home Could Be Just A Click Away!