With the days starting to cool down I thought I’d share this great healthy choice – chili recipe I found… ENJOY!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- ½ pound very lean grounded turkey (will be 1 lean) OR you can use ground beef, you just don’t add the healthy fat
- 3 cups crushed tomatoes (Peel fresh tomatoes and put in blender and crush, measure out 3 cups) (6 greens)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (2 condiments)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder ( to your taste) (4 condiments)
- 1 cup shredded moderate fat cheddar cheese (1 lean)
- 2 teaspoons sour cream (2 healthy fats)
Brown the turkey and measure out 6 ounces. Add the crushed tomatoes, chili powder, and onion powder. Simmer for about 15-30 minutes, more if you have the time. This makes 2 servings and serve each with up to ½ cup moderate fat cheddar cheese and 1 teaspoon sour cream, if you like. If you are on the management program and have reached your goal (congratulations!) you can add chili beans, or if you make it for the family you can add beans to theirs.
Nutritional info per serving:
1 lean | 3 greens | 1 healthy fat | 3 condiments
- Blessings from all of us at
Coleman Real Estate Group
Your Dream Home Could Be Just A Click Away!